Choice Morsels of Food ~ Tidbits ~ Cooked and Tasted by Veronica Clark ~ For: Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Welcome ~ About Me ~ How this Blog was Born ~

Welcome to my Kitchen, pantry and wannabe veggie and herb garden ...

The Table is Life!!!

Don't you agree? Put two or more people at the table with food and wine, and it springs to Life, instantly!

Passing dishes, pouring wine, breaking bread, has got to be the most convivial activity ever. Chatter turns to laughter, often becomes intense debates with wild gesticulating (in our house, anyway) and the Table that stood forlornly the whole day, has a life of its own...

 
 
Are your taste buds in a perpetual state of anticipation of the next tidbit? Do you stand in the line at the post office and think about all the fabulous wine labels you have seen lately? Do you have a cupboard full of foodie magazines that you take to bead to read on a Sunday night to plan the next shopping trip to markets? Well, then we need to chat!

 I see you nodding, so come along and lets, harvest, chop, stir, sniff and taste. I always need some company to do the dishes anyway!
 
And, I pay with wine and tipple, so long as you don't start throwing plates ... I have a special stash for such activity, so ask for those please!!

If weeding is your thing, I will serve the tipple payment in the herb and veggie patch, so don't be shy!



Now, some of my followers will ask, why another blog? Well here's why?

I have another blog called Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds ~ Please Click here to visit and I have posted some recipes there already!  I wanted to join the South African Food Bloggers Roll and they declined my blog due to the content of gardens and decor and it is quite understandable, that they only want food related content!

I initially started blogging to share my recipes with friends and family who kept asking, and at the time, I was teaching my daughter, who had moved to Johannesburg to cook via email! Remote parental guidance worked wonders....But decor and gardening hijacked it!
 
It took me some time to come up with the name, as I wanted it to tie in with Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds and of course, in the foodie world, tastebuds is a popular term, so I struggled a bit but thanks to a bloggy friend in the USA I found Tidbits for Tastebuds and it worked on blogger!!! Hallelujah!!!
 
 
 
 
By the way, for readers of Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds, when I post to Tidbits for Tastebuds, (take a sip of wine if your tongue gets in a twist!) I will indicate in my posts to that blog to make it easier for you to hop over and see what's cooking! So, no worries, you won't miss out!
 
 
I am just a home cook and cook from my heart and for my own tastebuds and mood! Often there will be an enquiry as to what for dinner at five in the afternoon and my answer will be " No Idea!!" I will dash down to the fridge and be as surprised as to whats for dinner as the former enquirer...



I feel recipes are a guideline and can also just be used to inspire you. Often the same recipe made again will turn out differently, as I added more of this or that. Sometimes, there will be a vague suggestion of...a pinch of, a handful or a soupcon (a faint suspicion) or a good dash of spice or whatever. Fell free to improvise until your tastebuds are in a blissful symphony! A flopped recipe is often just a temporary catastrophe and can be remedied, so just do it!
 
Baking, of course is an exception and falls into the category of precision engineering!!!
 
 

So, I invite you to share my kitchen capers, give your opinion, your advise and suggestions and share in the joy of being blessed enough to be able to do so!
 
I will also be sharing friends recipes, restaurants that I love, markets I visit, books and mags that I can not live without, etc!
 
 
I often get calls from friends, asking where I bought this or that or where to obtain certain ingredients so I will endeavour to include it at the end of each recipe.

I can be stickler for a specific ingredient as my tastebuds demand and will tell you where to get it, what shop and even what isle, and include the price as I did for my kids (so they know if they have to mortgage the house, or not) if I feel strong enough about it!

Wine parings is for my own pleasure and those who have enquired as to what they drank when they visited. So, if you are an expert and shudder at my particular choice, I will most certainly not deter you from adding your comments and suggestions. All suggestions are most welcome and appreciated, especially if you pitch up with the said suggestion at my door!
 
 
In terms of photographs, I am just an aim and shoot kinda gal, and hope for the best!!! Here, I also just have to say... I have a whole new respect for food stylists and food photographers!!!
 
So what follows is what we eat at home and what I love to cook! Most times it is just simple fare, but of course there are occasions which calls for feasting, and then that, is exactly what we do!

Bon Appetite
Veronica
xxx

PS: Often the best fun is had after the party when most guests have gone home, while we do the dishes, mop up the left overs and drain the bottles...and have a post mortem.

"I don't like it when food is too carefully arranged; it makes me think that the chef is spending too much time arranging and not enough time cooking. If I wanted a picture, I'd buy a painting" ~ Andy Rooney


 
 You can find me on Facebook click here as many of you find it easier and more convenient  follow along on facebook.
 
You can contact me via email on ronnieclark@mweb.co.za


My other blogs are Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds http://www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com
 
And Mother City Magic ~ A Blog on Cape Town
 
Twitter ~ @MotherCityMagic





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments, suggestions and feedback... I am all ears ....Thank you for your input and time!